Biloela Enterprise Inc Recognizing Banana Shire Council Sandstone Wonders promotion of Banana Shire.
Welcome to Biloela the “capital” of and administrative centre of the Banana Shire.
Biloela is situated in the fertile Callide Valley in Central Queensland.
Whilst in Biloela, take the opportunity to immerse yourself in some of the “Simple Pleasures” we have to offer. Explore our cultural roots and pioneering heritage, discover the diversity of our industries, immerse yourself in our rural landscapes and see the natural wonders on offer. Indulge in our local lifestyle and enjoy the many leisure activities we have on offer.
THE GANGULU people of the Dawson and Callide Valley were registered in 1977 as native titleholder of the Gangulu traditional lands. These lands include the township of Biloela, so named after the Gangulu tribe’s name for the white Cockatoo.
To obtain a Banana Shire Tour Guide, with maps, district attractions, accommodation and eating options, please contact:
RV Centre & Rural Hinterland Information & Visitor Centre, phone 07 4992 2400. open hours 9.00am and 4.00pm daily or Email: email@example.com
Biloela Information Centre 07 49922405 open daily 9am
- A FEW THINGS TO DO AND WHERE TO DO IT !!!
• Visit the local cafes and bistros……good coffee; good food at the local cafes, restaurants; & bakeries.
open for breakfast from 5am daily and Sunday morning
- Local Shopping ….
Wander around the shops for gifts; souvenirs and local craft;
and of course those everyday needs… haircut; newspapers; refuel; pharmacies; food; beverages, books
• Visit our library & Art Gallery … books/dvd; experience local and visitor art displays
Talk to the locals in the ‘pub’……meet the locals & our visitors of all nationalities…
• Biloela Walkways and Bikeways…. stroll or be serious! but enjoy the walkways and bikeways
that surrounds the town of Biloela… (nearly 20kms)
• Bird Watching at Lake Callide
Our namesake Biloela ‘white cockatoo’ are sure to be there especially at dawn or dusk…see if you name others
• Go Fishing; redclawing; kayaking; water skiing; sailing ………
• Swim at the Pool Olympic Size; 25 metre and kids pool …enjoy the swim! And exercise classes too…
• Experience our Heritage……walk or drive from point to point…start at the ‘old cemetery’ on Gladstone Rd; onto Greycliffe Homestead; turn right into State Farm Rd and witness “Spirit of the Land” Mural depicting Gondwana Land, Indigenous occupation and its settlement…now there’s a story!!! More heritage and interesting objects…
• Queensland Heritage Park open every day….9-4 R/V centre and the coffee; treats; hospitality and souvenirs are second to none.
• Explore Mt Scoria it is the only mountain of its kind in the Southern Hemisphere, located just 18km south-west from Biloela. Head south towards Thangool and follow the signs. Take a picnic basket with you though!!! and walking shoes…
This amazing rock formation was once the core of a volcano.
The long six-sided basalt columns that project outwards from the top of the mountain are what makes Mt Scoria so unique. Enjoy the short walk around the base of the mountain, informative signs tell you the story. Then take time to have a cuppa and something to eat in the picnic area. Toilets available on site.
• Picnic and BBQ in our Parks or Lake Callide………Dawson Park for the views; Lions or Melton Park for the kids
(Lions Park sit on Bille Browns’ director Chair; or use the Liberty swing Melton park for its Maze; and Lake Callide for the scenery.. BBQ’s; shelters and toilets available.
• Play bowls; tennis or a round of golf ….. if you have the gear you’re sure to be welcomed.. contact information Centres for these locations..
• Markets in the Park; Biloela Bowls Club … every 3rd Saturday 7am
• Races…. Thangool races 11 kms south of Biloela A3 highway .. visit their facebook page Thangool Race Club for dates..
Spirit of the Land Mural Along State Farm Road, you will find the ‘Spirit of the Land’ Mural. It tells the story of women from two different cultures connecting to celebrate the historical timeline of this district from Prehistoric beginnings up until 1928.
Queensland Heritage Park
The Queensland Heritage Park Complex & RV Centre open every day; firstname.lastname@example.org 9.00am and 4.00pm; is located on Exhibition Avenue. This facility celebrates our pioneering heritage with displays of vintage machinery, historical memorabilia and items from a bygone era. Refreshments are available in the café and souvenirs abound in the gift shop. Free electric BBQ’s, picnic tables and ample off-street parking are available; and has a waste dump point:
Queensland Heritage Park – Cnr Dawson Highway and Exhibition Avenue.
****** Potable water top-ups are also available at the complex.
THE OLD WHEELS IN MOTION RALLY IS HELD AT THE COMPLEX ON THE THIRD WEEKEND IN JULY EACH YEAR!! www.cdmpc.com.au/old_wheels_in_motion_rally.htm
Discover how the early pioneers lived as you browse through a century old wooden slab station homestead. This building was relocated from Greycliffe and was the original home of the Nott family. Situated on Lawrence Street, Greycliffe Homestead is open by appointment. Phone: (07) 49923959 and (07) 49922033
PUBLIC TOILETS :
• Lion’s Park – Cnr Cooper Street and Dawson Highway.
• Melton Park – Melton Street.
• Across the road from the Bottom Pub – Callide Street.
• Kariboe Street – in School of Arts Park
Beside the Information Centre on Burnett Highway southern entry to Biloela.
Biloela Shopping World – Gladstone Road.
• Beside Target – Cnr Kariboe Street and Road.
• Queensland Heritage Park – Cnr Dawson Highway and Exhibition Avenue.
• Foodworks Gladstone Road (showers too)
Street Address or email
Email Address or Phone Number
|Biloela Centre Motel||62 Grevillea Street, Biloela 4715||Phone: (07) 49922622|
|Biloela Countryman Motelemail@example.com|
|firstname.lastname@example.org|| Ph: 49939010
|Biloela Palms Motel Disability Accommodationemail@example.com|
|Callide Motor Inn Disability Accommodationfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Commercial Hotel||64 Kariboe Street, Biloela 4715||Phone: (07) 49921603|
|On Kariboe 4 Star Cabinsemail@example.com|
|Raintree Motel||2-4 Clarke Drive, Biloela 4715||Phone: 49924099|
|Settlers Motor Inn Disability Accommodation||60 Dawson Highway, Biloela 4715||Phone: (07) 49922933|
|Silo Motor Inn
|Space Caravan Park||48 Dawson Highway, Biloela 4715||Phone:49921450|
|Sun Valley Motel
To obtain a Banana Shire Touring Guide, with maps, district attractions, accommodation and eating options, please contact:
Rural Hinterland Information & Visitor Centre, on 07 4992 2400.
or Biloela Information Centre 07 49922405
Informative links: www.banana.qld.gov.au
The Banana Shire provides tourists with a vast array of opportunities to experience regional Queensland.
To obtain further information about tourism attractions in Biloela and the Banana Shire, please visit our Rural Hinterland Visitor Information Centre and located at;
Queensland Heritage Park Complex, Exhibition Avenue, Biloela.
Contact the Centre on Ph: (07) 4992 2400 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or Biloela Information Centre Gladstone Road Biloela; Ph: (07) 49922405